We believe we’ve identified the following three priorities designed to defend and enhance telecom operator revenues and drive profitability in the current economic climate:
- Putting the customer at the heart of business: As consumer and corporate spending is squeezed, CSPs are under more pressure than ever to provide an experience that engages customers and offers value for money. Our subscriber database management platform, approach to unified charging and billing and expertise in providing customer care at the point of contact are all focused on enriching the customer’s experience and can enable CSPs to both drive revenues and reduce churn.
- Driving profitability and growing smartly: Capitalizing on the untapped potential of networks to become more efficient is vital. Growing smartly requires a holistic approach to assess existing assets, optimize operations and put together “smart growth” strategies. These should also exploit existing assets to attract third party partnerships that enable new business-to-business revenue streams. Our technology and insights stretch from the service provider’s core all the way to the customer allowing it to find the best way of closing the “profitability gap” that can exist between increasing traffic and competition.
- Building a sustainable business: Sustainability is not just good for the planet or a company’s reputation; it’s good for business. Energy efficiency, rural connectivity and innovation for sustainable business models, all drive profitable growth. We offer CSPs the ability to build long-term, sustainable businesses based on: sound environmental imperatives; a realistic view of the existing economic reality and delivering connectivity for the next billion users.
These three priorities are underpinned by the industry’s most comprehensive range of new hardware, software and professional services presented At Mobile World Congress on our booth number B157 in Hall 8. They incorporate a full range of our capabilities and include:
- Radio Access: The new Flexi Multiradio Base Station and Multicontroller make network evolution easier and greener than ever, with the lowest energy consumption in the market. Recently launched and on show for the first time, the new Flexi Multiradio opens a smooth evolution path from 2G and 3G to LTE. The software definable Flexi Multiradio has expanded its supported technologies to run GSM/EDGE, WCDMA/HSPA and LTE concurrently in a single unit.
The new Multicontroller platform will be the basis for our future radio network controller products, including GSM and WCDMA. Handling up to 35 Gbps throughput it enables operators the flexibility to cope with fast changes in the network driven by huge subscriber and data traffic growth.
- Services: Our expert consultants are presenting new approaches to delivering a wide range of improved operational processes from network optimization that increases speed and quality to enabling rapid service delivery to meet new requirements. With an innovative global service delivery model that drives consistent quality across a remotely-delivered portfolio, the approach brings the advantages of scale as well as access to a global network of multi-technology and multi-vendor talent. Our customers benefit from a range of services such as network security, proactive maintenance and service assurance designed to deliver enriched customer experience and improved network quality.
- Operations and Business Software: Already the leading mobile prepaid charging supplier, we’ve just launched ‘charge@once unified’ and ‘charge@once business’ as part of our convergent Unified Charging and Billing solution that offers service providers the flexible and personalized service approach essential to driving revenues in a competitive market place.
- Converged Core: Seen for this first time here at Mobile World Congress are the Flexi Network Server and the Flexi Network Gateway, two new products that form our Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network solution for the LTE core network. The EPC will be an integral part of a live LTE demonstration in Barcelona.
We’ve also launched “Fast Track Voice over LTE”, a novel solution that gives operators the option of reusing existing circuit switching core networks to cost-effectively implement voice over an LTE data network, providing a previously missing link in the evolution to voice.
- Broadband Connectivity Solutions: Also launched at Mobile World Congress is the company’s new FlexiPacket microwave backhaul technology, designed to transform the way operators provide multimedia services to mobile customers. The technology breaks existing barriers between microwave backhaul and the operators’ core networks by integrating carrier Ethernet transport with microwave radio, a unique approach, that also enables “zero footprint” base stations (meaning no base station shelter is required). This data centric approach allows operators to offer more attractive pricing models for data intensive applications and to provide the quality of service necessary to drive mass market, reliable services.