This post is by Karen Kimball from Nokia Siemens Networks.
* 80% faster service activation; 57% fewer service-related complaints
* SGSN upgrades in days instead of months!
* Rollout of 8,000 sites per month for commercial LTE service
* 40% less resource-related OPEX for network operations
The twitter feed told the story at the recent #1GBperday$ webinar about Simplified Operations. The webinar, now available for on-demand viewing, shows how to cut through the complexity of running mobile broadband networks. It covers both network operations and service operations and describes specific tools and services for automating processes, improving information flows and giving operators greater control of operations as they expand their existing networks, roll out LTE and deploy small cells all at the same time.
Operations on Demand, which gives operations staff a wide angle and deep dive view of the network.
* Intelligent Self Organizing Networks (iSON), which enable SON automation in multivendor 3G and LTE networks
* Network Cloning Service, which cuts the time needed to upgrade critical network infrastructure from months to days
* Service Fulfilment and Service Operations & Management, which enable comprehensive management of services throughout their lifecycle.
* Global Service Delivery, which makes it possible to introduce new products and solutions across the network rapidly and efficiently
These capabilities are the key to responding flexibly to current needs and switching from managing single elements to achieving the best overall performance of mobile broadband networks and services.
Register here to join this webinar and the complete #1GBperday$ series,
Read the press release: Nokia Siemens Networks simplifies network & service operations #MWC13
Read the press release: Nokia Siemens Networks continues #1GBperday$ webinar series