This blog is by Ester Navarro from the Networks business of Nokia.
Here’s why Nokia Networks’ telco cloud stand was such a popular spot on the Mobile World Congress (MWC) map in Barcelona this year and why you might want to catch Nokia’s MWC revisited global road show in the coming months…
Visitors experienced 15 different demos which showcased the most relevant telco cloud topics:
* Live VoLTE, VoWiFi calls in the cloud environment
* How to best prepare your cloud infrastructure to host these and other telco applications and win subscribers
* How Nokia Networks’ new services can be integrated automatically into the network with security policies
and functions deployed in the cloud
* Nokia’s Radio Cloud architecture and vision on what operators need to do to successfully deploy cloud
in the radio access network
* Virtualized OSS and CEM running on the cloud and a live demonstration on how to capture agile benefits
from a cloud environment
One of the demo highlights was our joint effort with Orange and our partner, HP, showcasing our commitment to ensuring an open multivendor environment for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV). In fact, Orange and Nokia Networks have already teamed up on telco cloud, achieving their first voice call in a fully virtualized IMS experimental environment.
Telco cloud is real and it’s here!
It was truly awesome to present our cloud story to hundreds of interested visitors and we were pleased to share the news that Nokia Network’s first VoLTE commercial telco cloud solution deployment went live in one operator customer’s multivendor network already at the end of 2014. Now we’re taking the telco cloud show on the road to continue the discussions one-on-one and help operators visualize their transformation to the cloud.
Please share your thoughts on this topic by replying below – and join the Twitter discussion with @NokiaNetworks using #NetworksPerform #mobilebroadband #telcocloud #NFV #SDN #MWC2015.