There is some speculation in the press and online that Indian telecoms operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd has disqualified Nokia Siemens Networks from bidding on a 93-million-line cellular project on technical grounds.
While we don’t usually comment on rumours, we feel that in this instance they could be damaging to the reputation of our award winning (and also here) mobile network technology, serving more than 1.5 billion people around the world.
We have not received any communication from BSNL on the results of its tender process. We are confident that we submitted a response to the BSNL tender process that fulfilled all technical requirements, as well as addressing further clarification required following the submission.
We are an existing supplier to BSNL in its north and south zones and were a qualified vendor for BSNL’s pan-India Phase V bid.
It will be interesting to see what lies behind this press speculation.
If you’re interested in our award winning mobile network technology, read on:
- Nokia Siemens Networks Flexi Base Station was recognized as the world’s most progressive mobile network technology at the annual GSMA Global Mobile Awards 2009. The software definable Flexi, with its outstanding, energy efficient performance in the industry’s smallest package, convinced the jury with a number of its particular benefits to operators, users and the environment.
- At CTIA Wireless 2009, the Nokia Siemens Networks Flexi Multiradio Base Station was selected by a panel of judges as the first place winner of the 4th Annual CTIA Emerging Technology Award in the Green Network Hardware and Infrastructure category.
Nokia Siemens Networks deliver cellular, mobile radio networks to over 350 customers in over 140 countries.
- Our GSM/EDGE radio access technology is operational in close to 300 operator networks in over 130 countries, offering services to more than 1.8 billion subscribers
- Nokia Siemens Networks is supplier to 21 of the 30 biggest GSM/EDGE operators in the world
- With over 180 EDGE references, Nokia Siemens Networks is believed to be the market leader in EDGE deployment
- Nokia Siemens Networks has over 150 3G radio operator customers
- Over half of the world’s WCDMA/HSPA subscribers are connected by Nokia Siemens Networks
- Nokia Siemens Networks supplies of 18 of the 25 biggest WCDMA/HSPA operators in the world
- Nokia Siemens Networks unique Internet-HSPA flat architecture solution is now bringing flat network architecture to the 3G world.
Our leadership in converged core and mobile softswitching (including R4 MSC and MGW)
- We are the market leader in softswitching for mobile voice with over 230 operator customers and over 170 commercial networks in live use;
- Our mobile soft switching solution, which includes MSC Servers and Multimedia Gateways, is based on – 3GPP Release 4 and subsequent releases 5, 6 and 7, and can deliver mobile voice service with up to 70% savings in OPEX
- Today, well over 900 million subscribers are served through our MSC servers